Sunday, January 7, 2018

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Week 1: "Start"

Copyright 2018, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

2018, and I have expressed interest in Amy Johnson Crow's "52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks project.  Then, I thought, Oh, my! WHY??  Well, partly because it's a great project.  Partly because I really am interested in keeping this blog alive, instead of gasping for breath.  At this point, due to the ongoing consolidation project and other stuff (like horrible and slow internet connectivity), the posts may be "short and sweet".  Well, short, anyway.

So, the first challenge is "Start", I choose to remember how I began this genie journey back about 1991.

With these two!!


Son # 1 and Man's mother. One summer while on break from University of Michigan (go Blue), Son # 1 and his grandmother started recording their family lines.  When he returned to college, he handed the project to me, with a, "well, do something or not with this, here it is, for what it is worth".

And, an addict was born.

The "Start".




#52ancestors

.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

That was short! I was just getting interested. I look forward to learning more as we go forward. I should do this too.

Carol said...

With the other stuff going on in my life, I think I am going to try to keep all entries VERY short. But, the verbose one (me) probably will have trouble with that. LOL

You should do this Kristin! I love your blog!

Mel said...

Oh,how innocently we walked into genealogy, Carol! Mine started with my grandma saying she'd like to write down the family history. She wrote me four letters and said she was done. Let's see, that was 30 years, 20 binders, and a whole lot of research time ago. LOLof

Looking forward to your future posts in this series.

Carol said...

Mel, I do NOT want to count the file cabinets. But, if I were to start, it would be with the two legal size four drawer cabinets I have tucked into the ends of a closet. To start. LOL