Thursday, December 22, 2016

Blog Caroling, 2016

Copyright 2016, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

footnoteMaven has started the songs again, the joy of music of the season. It's Blog Caroling time again.


For at least 4 years, I have posted Little Drummer Boy by John Denver.

However, this year, I heard bells, the clear tones of handbells.  Off to YouTube I went. I found bells.  Trouble is, there were soooooo many videos and that was just of "Carol of the Bells".  I had been hearing that song in my minds ear for weeks.

So, here are just a few different versions of "Carol of the Bells", just bells, no song.  Bells ringing clear and with tones never to be denied, beautiful.

The first example is the first I found.  There is a bit of background noise, but, it is delightful, simple, perfect.  Handbell Choir of First Baptist Church Eastman, GA. , performs Carol of the Bells.


This version is much more professional, and should be, it is by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.


This version is for the visual as well as the music.  Actually, the visual might be better - - you judge.  Carol of the Bells (handbell choir in black lights), posted and performed by Northside Baptist Church.


This is a nice presentation, "Carol of the Bells" by Impulse Handbell Ensemble.  Note: They have a Facebook connection.


I did find a flashmob presentation of the work, in Hawaii.  Played by the Aloha Ring 2015 Workshop players who surprise Safeway shoppers.  They win for having the true spirit of the season.


Possibly the most unusual I found was Carol of the Bells by  Cast in Bronze. It's a mobile carillon, wait till you see this.  Do note the musician and his "costume".

And, yes, I did do a bit of research on carillon and found:  "A carillon is a musical instrument composed of at least 23 carillon bells, arranged in chromatic sequence, so tuned as to produce concordant harmony when many bells are sounded together. It is played from a keyboard that allows expression through variation of touch. The keys are struck with the half-closed hand."



I hope you enjoyed this years submission to the Blog Caroling Carnival of 2016.

Happy Holidays to all.




.

No comments: