Saturday, March 26, 2016

A Different Kind of Easter Photo

Copyright 2016, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

This Easter photo, or what I believe is a photo taken at Easter (see the corsage I am wearing) was taken about 1960ish.

It was taken at my grandmother's home.  The structure on the right is her home, the brick structure on the left is the town's water supply treatment plant.  In back of us, the hill goes slightly up, and then, it drops off dramatically to the North Branch of the Shenandoah River.


Now, why we are standing out there with the cows is beyond me.  And, I am gonna say it right here, for some reason, my brother Don and I look less than thrilled. We were NOT raised on a farm.  OK, the baby chicks were fine, but, this cow thing??  MMM.  Not so sure.

Some flower appears to be blooming, down center front.  Or a weed.

No colored eggs, no chocolate bunnies, no marshmallow peeps, just cows for us.

Happy Easter - - 



.

No comments: