Sunday, December 13, 2015

Iguanas and the Key West Forts :: Rolling, Rolling, Keep Them Wheels a Rolling - Winter 2015-2016

Copyright 2015, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

OK, I was excited to share these photos.  So, I am jumping around in our winter travels reports. We are in Key West. Moving on tomorrow.  While here we here we visited two old forts, and saw these creatures at both.

At East Martello Tower, I spied, 3 iguana, up there, on that wall.


1.)


2.)

3.)


Over at Fort Zachary Taylor State Park I found this fellow:


And, he was demonstrative.  


Per this University of Florida web page iguanas, or large green anoles, can cause issues, such as digging burrows which can undermine sidewalks, seawalls, and foundations and even collapse seawalls.

They are rather impressive though.  And, this was close enough for me.  




.

No comments: