Saturday, June 27, 2015

Our Cappy Has Crossed the Rainbow Bridge

Copyright 2015, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

This last week Man and I accompanied the grandtwins to horse camp.  Sadly on Tuesday, our Captain Hook, aka, Cappy, passed.

Our last york, born in February of 1999, here he is Christmas of 1999.


He was the sweetest dog we have ever had the pleasure of sharing our lives with, but, he was camera shy. Even peaking around corners at us you can tell he does not like the camera.


Mom tried to get photos for Easter one year while in Tana, ya, he is sticking his tongue out at me.


After MANY snaps, I finally got this, marginally decent.  He still is NOT smiling at me.  


He would hide if he thought I had intentions of bathing him.  I know he figured I could not see him.  Silly kid.


But, if you held food in front of his nose, he might cooperate.


Cappy visited the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific. He was within miles of the Canadian/USA border and the Mexican/USA border.  He was a well traveled pouch.

Our hearts are heavy, our home is empty.  This is the first time in over 30 years we have not had a yorkie to greet us with wild excited yelps when we return home.




.

No comments: