Monday, June 15, 2015

Blast from the Past: Raw Peanuts and Sun Squints :: 1960

Copyright 2015, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Tis a summer of purging, organizing, scanning and more purging.

Today's offering, my paternal grandfather, sent us this rather large bag of peanuts in the fall of 1960.  I believe they were raw.

I have had a photo of the bag, mother, brother and moi.  Today, I found one of father, brother, and Moi.

I love how the guys are squinting.  And, Moi, pretending to eat a peanut.  Pretty sure I did not eat it, I am not fond of them raw now.  


I believe that may be the backend of my father's Falcon??  Real sure it is my mother's Metropolitan.  There is another photo of the peanuts with brother and Moi here, and a bit of a story about the Metropolitan.




* And, now back to the scanner I go, see what else I can find that is a blast from the past.

.

No comments: