Monday, June 1, 2015

A New Month, A New Day, A New Life

Copyright 2015, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

I spent about 3 hours watching this new life begin the new day of the new month.

From the deck (see photo below to see deck):




Yes, I did wander out to the yard for a "closer" lookie see.  Mom was no where around, but, I was watching for her.






At least a half hour later, the fawn started perking up, looking around.  I am back on the deck. I was amazed that my being on the deck really did not seem to concern the baby.  I probably stood on the deck for 5 or 10 minutes, spell bound and shooting lots of photos.














The fawn just laid there all those hours.  We have lived here about 20 years and have never had a fawn in the yard for this long. Yes, I felt this was a great opportunity.

And, after about three hours, it jumped up and pretty much high tailed it (well, ya, I know the tail is down, it's a phrase, LOL) into the woods.  I never did see the mom, or any other deer, for that matter.







*I was always at least 30 feet away from this baby.  Thank you Sony Too zoom.

.

2 comments:

billandjanrvingtheusa.blogspot.com said...

I'm amazed at some of the photos you capture. Keep on shooting.

Carol said...

Oh, thank you Jan. Thank you so much.