Tuesday, March 17, 2015

How the West Was Won AND The Lone Ranger :: Winter Sojourn 2014/15

Copyright 2015, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

Today Man and I just kinda hung out, and drove about some, and imagined what it would be like to watch hundreds of movies and television shows being filmed in the area.  

We had lunch at the Parry Lodge, reasonably priced good tasting food and lots of photos of stars.  Their web site even claims that Clayton Moore stayed there.  Be still my little girl's heart.  

After lunch Man and I drove north out of town on the 89 and drove just a bit into what is called Hog Canyon.  I probably mis-understood, but, I thought the fellow at the Visitors Center said they filmed in Hog Canyon.  It is currently a 4-wheel drive or ATV type road.  Man put Jolly in 4-wheel drive and we drove in just a little bit. Found a place to pull over, took a short little walk and tried to imagine John  Wayne, George Hamilton, Gregory Peck, Charlton Heston, maybe Peter Lawford, maybe even Clayton Moore riding and shooting and oh, my - - 


See, they still have a corral for critters:








There was just a wee bit of snow left, but, the day was warm and sunny and no wind and fabulous.

And, I was stomping the ground that, maybe, just maybe, Clayton Moore stomped around.  (We also stopped at the Moqui Cave where the owner told us how Clayton would belly up to the bar in mask and full costume after filming. Tell me stories, I'll believe em.  I mean, Clayton Moore!  Wahhooo!





*  Photo found at wikimedia:  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Lone_ranger_silver_1965.JPG
Attibution:  By Pleasure Island Uploaded by We hope at en.wikipedia [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Love your photos - you DO get your money's worth out of your cameras! The Lone Ranger brings back memories!