Thursday, February 5, 2015

THE Trip, THE Encore' :: Coos Bay to Lincoln City Oregon :: There Be Bridges, Sea Mist, And Some High Surf

Copyright 2015, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

June 8, 2013.  A LONG time ago, we are NOT in Oregon today.

On June 8, 2013 we left Coos Bay and headed north of Lincoln City.  It was a trip filled with sea mist, bridges, coast line, and some great (as in large) wave action.  You know it was a great travel day when you have almost 50 photos.

There was even one bridge that appeared to be a pedestrian bridge.


I am sorry, I don't have the names for these bridges.


Yes, I did, I took photos of the bridges as we passed under them.  Love the designs.


Somehow I managed to sorta capture this water fall.  I know, it is not in focus, but, I had not been seeing a lot of water falls,  I was excited, and we were going fast enough at such close quarters that the photo is blurred.  But, see, it IS a water fall.


This is Heceta Head Lighthouse.  My friends had all been telling me about it.  I believe there was a bit of a challenge to see if I could get a photo while rolling.  There was no way we could pull off the side of the road while toting Tana along.  There was a bit of sea mist, but, ta da, I did capture something.  Yes, we will revisit this light house in the next few days.  Without Tana in tow.  You know what they say, stay tuned.


Waves, sea mist, hills, plants that are true green, even if they are a bit wind blown in structure.  Lovely.


Yes, another bridge.  When I looked I realized there was just a weeeee bit of sea mist rolling over the tree tops on that hill.


And, more rolling surf and sea mist, and ohhh, lookie there, a sea gull.




And, another bridge, this one had a band-aid on it.  


One last bridge, with great columns.


And, more shore line, rolling surf and sea mist.  It was a pretty ride.  Sony Too and I thoroughly enjoyed it.


The drive was 125 miles of stunning scenery.  We would spend a few days driving around, stopping with Jolly at as many pulloffs as we could find.




.

No comments: