Saturday, February 14, 2015

Fireworks, Just Fireworks :: Winter Sojourn 2014/15

Copyright 2015, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

THIS POST IS GRAPHICS HEAVY!!!!

Last night was night two for us at the 26th Annual Western Winter Blast Pyrotechnics Show.  There were more blasts than on Thursday.  I tried another setting on Sony Too.  It was faster to catch the booms, but, the photos, for the most part were not the quality of those taken with the "fireworks" setting.  Still hand holding, but, lazy me, this time I sat in a chair, so I did not have the wall to "tripod" on.  I'll admit, the difference does show.

Nevertheless, it was a great show and I chose almost 30 of the 139 shots to share with you.  I also did something different with the processing.  I just reduced the storage size of the photos, in bulk, using IrfanView. It did reduce the storage size, but, not as much as I usually do.  End result, this blog will take longer to load.  We shall see how that works out.

Fireworks are fast, you must anticipate, try to capture at the "height" of the explosion, try to center in your view finder, capture the excitement.  It is quite the challenge, fun, frustrating.  I believe I need more practice and probably use the tripod, which I find to be difficult, as you must "know" where the explosion will be.  That is just hard.  Those explosions happen here, there, off a bit of center.  Chase the explosions.  Again, note, no cropping, no auto correct, no contrast and brightness corrections.  Other than resizing, these are right off the camera.  Blurs, off center, raw!

Without further ado, as they say, here they are, blurry and all.  Let's say, artistic.  






























































.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love fireworks, this would be cool to see!

Carol said...

It was wonderful Terri, you would love it!