Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday's Stories, 52 Ancestor Weeks, Week # 7, Johann Philipp Rudig & Maria Margaretha Hirsch Rudig

Copyright 2014, CABS for Reflections From the Fence


This is week 7 of my participation Amy Johnson Crow's, once a week challenge to blog about one ancestor a week, tell their story, biography, a photograph, an outline of a research problem — anything that focuses on that one ancestor. More about the challenge can be found at her Blog, No Story Too Small.

This week we are going to talk about a husband and wife.  Two ancestors for the price of one.  And, here is why, their baptisms appear on opposing pages of the church records.  It is not often that we get a future wedded couple being baptized at the same church, just four months apart.  Shown here, both records, at the top of the page.


On the left, Maria Margaretha Hirsch, born November 29, 1762 at Schoenenberg, Bavern, Germany to Johannes Nickle Hirsch and his wife Maria Catharina Wagner.  Maria was baptized on December 4, 1762.  Here is her record.


Her future groom, Johann Philip Rudig was born on April 1, 1763 Schoenenberg, Bavern, Germany to Johannes Philipp Ruediger and his wife, Maria Margaretha Cruetzen.  He was baptized on April 4, 1763.


The church, at Miseau, Germany, taken during our visit in 1997.


Philipp Rudig married Margaretha Hirsch on August 21, 1787  at Miseau, Bayern, Germany.  Theirs is the 3rd record below.  (I can barely read these records, just for the record.  I only read them the first time many, many years ago with the assistance of several other very good researchers who knew how to read this old German handwriting.  I would have very little of this, probably none of it, if it were not for my friends and mentors.  I can pick out names and dates, but, whewie, am I rusty!)


They had six children that I know of, Maria Elisabetha, Margaretha, Johannes Phillip, Maria Catharina, Johannes Jacob and Johannes (known as John).

And, that sadly, is about all I know about Johann Philipp and Maria Margaretha.  I have not discovered their death records.  I  doubt that there will be any record of where they are buried.  I have not looked for any other records than the Lutheran church records on 3 rolls of microfilm that contain baptism, death, marriage and confirmation records of the Protestant Reformed Church (Evangelisch-Reformierte Kirche in German) of Miseau and Obermiseau, Bayern, Germany.  LDS films 1457640, 0247639, and 0193094.




* Additional source data can be obtained by contacting me, see the right hand column for a yahoo email address.

** 52 Ancestors Weeks Button courtesy of Amy Johnson Crow.

*** I use many resources to research, FamilySearch.org is a free site.  Ancestry.com is a pay site for which I pay, no discounts, etc.  None of these sites have asked me to review them, or use them.  See my Disclaimers page for further details.

.

No comments: