Thursday, August 4, 2011

THE Trip, Arches National Park, Let Me Down Off This Rock

CABS for Reflections From the Fence

During our second day in Arches National Park, Man and I eventually made our way to the area known as Garden of Eden.


Below:  We were parked quite a bit from the structures, but, lookie what Sony found:


How bout a closer look:


My hat's off to her, as she is no 20 or 30 year old.  Her son is a 20 something.  She said this was one tough climb.  I can only imagine!

We moved Big Butt closer so we could get additional photos of her son and his descent.

Below:  Here he is, at the top, getting organized for his "ride" down.


Let's watch his descent:






It took our climber between 2 and 3 minutes to rappell down, I took 11 photos of him and 1 of something else during those few minutes.

Seeing the activity in person is totally different than watching on the telie.  Nope, my photos do not do justice.  It really is quite amazing.  And, nope, won't be trying this in this lifetime.


.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Wow... I admire them! I'd be scared silly. Very interesting looking rock formations, though, and I'll bet seeing them up close was quite interesting!

Lisa Wallen Logsdon said...

Don't you just admire people who do this stuff? Sometimes they make me feel SO inadequate. Believe I'll just stick with my inadequacy though..here in my a/c. Being admirable looks like too much work.

Barbara Poole said...

As long as they made it safely down. Did you get to talk to them or were they too far away? Nice shots.

Susan Clark said...

That's one Mother/Son activity that will never happen in this family. Grand pictures, though.

Michelle Goodrum said...

Fantastic pictures! I don't even want to think about how they got up there. And I'm with you - won't be doing that in this lifetime!