Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wedding Wednesday, The Photo

Copyright 2010, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

 
Mildred Louise Gehrke and Arthur Norman Stevens, Jr.
May 24, 1947
Lincoln Park, Wayne County, Michigan
 


*While contemplating Wedding Wednesday, I realized I have no photos of Man and I on our wedding day (eloped).  None of my parents (eloped, I believe).  None of  my mother's parents (eloped, yep, train ride to Maryland).   None of my father's parents (eloped, and she did not even tell for months!).  Do we see a pattern here??  Of course, there may be photos undiscovered - - hope springs eternal.  But, I guarantee, none of Man and I.  LOL

.

3 comments:

Éire Historian said...

Gorgeous! Such a beautiful bride and a handsome groom! You can see the happiness in their eyes. Cheers! Jennifer

Anne Percival Kruszka said...

My parents eloped too. No pix of them on their day. We have some if I can ever find my album.

Barbara Poole said...

Nice to see Man's parents in their youth, and on their wedding day. Lovely, but then, who doesn't love looking at the bride and groom.