Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun, Your UGG

Randy Seaver’s Saturday Night Genealogy Fun this week is Your UGG.

His questions and my answers follow:

* What is your UGG - your "Ultimate Genealogy Goal" for the genealogy research that you wish to leave to your heirs, descendants and the genealogy community?
Answer: Finish the Richard and Ann Lashbrook family history, started in 1991 and still NOT done. (Have several other families awaiting publication as well, sighhhh.) Research my lines in more detail. Scan my photos, link to my data base. Scan the documents I have, and link to the data base. Finish the cemetery project in the county I live in, published in book format, love the internet, but books do last a VERY long time! Teach more newbies about genealogy and family history. Get to Salt Lake City!

* How long do you think you have have left to fulfill this ultimate goal?
Answer: Hopefully over 20 years, which mean I will still be going well after I am 80. One can hope. Since only my Maker really knows, I will hope and take what he gives me.

* Are you prioritizing your time adequately in order to achieve this goal?
Answer: Prioritize?? Have to chuckle, in the real world priorities have a way of getting muddled. Besides all work and no play makes Moi a dull girl??? One needs to take time for self, Man, children, grandchildren, friends and my other interests. I find when I do take the time for other interests I come back to the family history refreshed and ready to go to work full blast ahead.

* If not, what should you do to achieve the goal?
Answer: Input, input and more input.

* Will you do what you need to do?
Answer: I will never get it all done, I have accepted that, but, I will do what I can, while I can.

.

4 comments:

Bill West said...

Hi Carol,
I know the feeling. I've told online friends for years that Real Life Cones First. As much as I love genealogy, it has to be secondary to the needs of everyday life.

I enjoyed your post.

Bill

Bill West said...

er...make that Comes, not Cones. Yikes.

Carol said...

Thanks for visiting Bill. If we don't live life, then there is no genealogy to record. LOL

Greta Koehl said...

Besides, real life is just genealogy in the making!